The Red Knights
Beragh Red Knights GAC traces its earliest origins to 1923, though it went through periods of dormancy and name changes - Beragh Shamrocks in 1926, Brackey Wolfe Tones in 1933 - before stabilising as a continuous entity. The ground beside the old railway station site was purchased in 1954. St Mary's Park was officially opened on 21 July 1974 to mark fifty years since an earlier phase of development. The name Red Knights was formalised by club secretary Frank Rodgers around 1972, at the start of a twenty-four-year stint in the role. Rodgers went on to serve as Secretary of the Tyrone Fixtures Committee from 1975 to 2000 and was central to merging the east and west Tyrone leagues. The club's two Tyrone Intermediate Football Championships - won in 1993 and again in 2000 after a drawn final and a replay against Gortin St Patrick's - are what the name is measured against. Both promotions back to senior football followed. The board at St Mary's Park carries both years.